*Please click here for a list of forms associated with the Activity Fee.
Privileges associated with the activity fee are membership in the Student Cooperative Association, the use of the Campus Recreation facilities, "I-Card" special ticket prices to cultural events, free admission to athletic events,
local bus transportation, etc.
1. All students taking courses for credit at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP), with the exceptions noted below, shall pay regular full-time or part-time activity fees.
2. Students at the Punxsutawney Campus shall pay a full activity fee. Eighty-five percent of fees paid shall be allocated to the Regional Campus for local activities. Similar arrangements can be made for other groups of students at remote off-campus locations more than twenty miles from the main campus who wish to plan their own activities.
3. Interns and full-time student teachers
A. Fall and Spring:
Such students who are at an internship or school location and living at a residence that are both more than twenty-five miles away from the main campus for at least one-half semester in the Fall or Spring term may apply for a 75% reduction of their activity fee. Such students who are more than fifty miles away from the main campus may apply to be exempt from paying any activity fee (i.e., receive a full 100% reduction).
Students who are on Summer internships may apply to be exempt from
paying any activity fee (i.e., receive a full 100% reduction).
4. Students enrolled in programs anywhere else than at one of the two campuses shall be charged no activity fee. This exemption shall only be
granted if classes are not also scheduled at one of the two campuses.
5. Graduate students who are enrolled for thesis or dissertation credit only shall be charged no activity fee. Students doing thesis/dissertation work and course work or otherwise in residence shall pay the activity fee.
6. Certain special part-time students enrolled in the Fall or Spring term may
apply to be exempted from the activity fee. Special students shall be defined as persons who are not enrolled with a view toward obtaining a degree, but who are taking courses for technical purposes; such students would include police officers taking criminology courses, real estate or banking people taking special courses in their area, etc. Interpretation of this ruling shall be made by the Student Cooperative Association, Inc.
7. There shall be no activity fee charged for faculty members or Cooperative Association staff members or their spouses, when they enroll for courses.
8. There shall be no activity fee charged for University staff members who are one-half time or more, or their spouses, when they enroll for courses.
9. Students enrolled in short-term courses, such as workshops of one week
or less can apply to be exempt from paying any activity fee. A proportional fee may be charged for courses of more than one week, but less than a full term.
10. Commuter students who travel more than 50 miles (one way) to one of the two campuses may apply to be exempt from paying any activity fee (i.e., receive a full 100% reduction).
11. It shall be the responsibility of the student concerned to initiate a request
for activity fee reduction or exemption.
12. Students, faculty or staff who do not pay any portion of the activity fee shall not be eligible to receive the privileges associated with the activity fee such as use of the HUB Fitness Center, "I-Card" ticket prices to cultural events, free admission to athletic events, etc. Those who have not been charged an activity fee (or received a full refund) because of this policy may elect to pay the activity fee and receive the privileges associated with it.
13. Students who have been enrolled for a given spring semester and are registered for classes in the ensuing fall semester may elect to pay the activity fee for the intervening summer sessions and receive the privileges associated with the activity fee during the summer.
14. Students may request a waiver or reduction of the activity fee for the
current or previous academic year only. No refunds or credits will be given
for any academic year prior to that time period. An academic year begins
with the Fall term and ends with the subsequent Summer term.
15. This revised policy is effective beginning with the Spring, 2006 semester.
Any alteration of this policy shall be the responsibility of the Board of Directors
of the Student Cooperative Association, Inc.
Activity Fee Forms
Activity Fee Waiver Form
Student / Family Activity Fee Form
Alumni Activity Fee Form
Faculty / Staff Activity Fee Form
IUP Faculty Staff Activity Fee
Payroll Deduction Authorization Form
IUP Leadership Society