Rules, Regulations and Categories of Usage
CATEGORIES OF USAGE:
Officially recognized and Informal Campus Groups with over 50% Association members and representing a legitimate, if temporary interest area, not primarily social will not be charged a fee. However, groups repeatedly canceling will lose privilege of reserving the Lodge and Ski Hut.
PERSONAL USE OF PREMISES BY VALID I-CARD HOLDERS:
The folling requirements must be fulfilled before a reservation can be accepted:
- All events involving personal use of the premises must include the following of Personal Libility Insurance (such overage is contained in the homeowners or renters policy) with a policy limit of not less than $300,000.00. Evidence of Personal Libility Insuraqnce must name the following as additionally insured: The college Student Union Association, The Student Cooperative Association, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the President of IUP.
- The Association Member must sign for themselves, their heirs and assign a hold harmless agreement which holds harmless The college Student Union Association, The Student Cooperative Association, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the President of IUP for any and all libilities of any nature, however caused by bodily injury, libility or property damage liability arising out of the use of the premises.
- Security will be paid by the user for the hours of the event (i.e. current security rate is $15.00 per hour multiplied by the number of hours of the event which will equal the cost of the security). If set up times are scheduled the day prior to the e4vent, security will not be necessary,
but will be required the entire time the day of the event. Security will be checking valid I-Cards upon arrival of the Association Member who made the reservation.
- Private usage by Association Members (must have valid I-Card) for primarily family gatherings and important events such as weddings, reunions, showers, birthday parties, etc. Lodge and Ski Hut rental fees:
½ day is $150.00, Full Day $250.00
- Groups renting facilities at the Co-op Recreational park and wanting to serve alcohol are required to provide evidence of Host Liquor Liability Insurance, minimum coverage of $1,000,000.00, naming the The college Student Union Association, The Student Cooperative Association, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the President of IUP as additionally insured.
Any group reserving the Lodge and/or grounds, who have individuals
under 21 years of age ARE NOT PERMITTED TO SERVE ALCOHOL.
A refundable cleaning and damage deposit of $250.00 is required prior to
using the facilities.
It is the responsibility of the group that the facility is cleaned after use. (i.e. swept, mopped, chairs and tables put away, ets.)
Reservations must be made at least two weeks before the event. All fees must be paid and proof of insurance must be submited when making reservations.
Reservations will not be confirmed without proof of insurance and payment
Please notify the HUB at (724)357-3047 within 72 hours of the event if you
wish to cancel.
Groups repeatedly canceling will lose the privilege of reserving the facilities.